To Add a field to your database so you can write some data to a sector of a Mifare card please follow these instructions.
1. When in you database click the menu button in the top left of the EasyBadge Program window.
2. Click Modify Database > Add Field.
4. Select “Text Field” and click the “Create” button.
5. Name field as ‘Mifare_Encoding’ and Click ‘OK’.
6. Your Database will need to close and re-open, click ‘OK’.
7. Click the pencil on the central tool bar to add some encoding data to the new Mifare_Encoding field. Make sure the data will fit on a Mifare sector. Click the ‘Tick’ Icon to update the record.
8. Now we need to edit the design. Click ‘Change the Design’ Button.
9. From this menu you can edit a design by bullet pointing the design you want to change and click Edit a Design icon.
10. Click the Contactless icon on the left tool bar and select ‘Mifare Classic Settings’ to bring up the settings for this template.
12. Make sure the correct card type is selected for your cards, the choices are Mifare 1K, 4K and Mifare Ultralight EV1 cards. Also click enable at the bottom to active encoding.
13. Double click one of sector blocks (usually block 0) to add the data string that links the data. In the below example we have added the link to the Mifare_Number field. Click OK to close the block.
12. In the below image we have added Mifare_Number field link to Sector 1 block 0, SiteCode field link to Sector 1 block 1 and a static number to Sector 1 block 2. Your encoding details will be bespoke to your requirement.
13. Now double click the Sector Trailer of Sector 1. We can apply new keys to the sector by putting a new 12 digit Hex key values (0-9,A-F) overwriting the default Key A and B value FF FF FF FF FF FF. We also need to tick ‘Lock Sector using Transport Key’. This will lock the sector.
12. Now close the Mifare encoding dialogue boxes by clicking OK on each box, save and close the design.
13. Finally check that the contactless encoder (CL = contactless) is selected in the Printing menu under settings from the main menu button. (On the IDP Smart 70 the Duali encoder will not appear in here.)
You should now be ready to print cards and do Mifare encoding on a sector that has locked keys applied to the sector.
You can check the card encoding through EasyBadge too.
1. Place the encoded card near the contactless encoder in your printer or use the printer tools (usually found in the printer properties of the driver) to move the card to the encoder position.
2. Now In the card designer click the main menu button (3 lines top left) and select Tools > Read Card. A window will appear showing the details of the encoded card. EasyBadge uses the Key A and B in the card design to inspect the card.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article