The network installation of Agilia on a network is very similar to that of Primacy 2.
Task 1: Install the USB driver for a regular USB connection
Set up the printer as usual by downloading the Agilia driver from the Evolis website.
Install and send up the Evolis Premium Suite 2 (EPS2) as usual. Once the setup on the USB driver has been completed successfully, the interface should show the printer is ready.
Click the Assistance & Maintenance tab, and choose to pick the 3-dots button at the top right of the interface to turn on Display Advanced Settings. The Tools and diagnostics will be turned on, and the options of support tool and event log will be available.
Under support tools, look for the Printer command and there are two boxes, the top for input and the bottom for output of the command after execution.
Task 2: Register the network parameters of the printer manually
In the Printer command field, type in the following command to register the necessary network parameters, namely the IP address, network mask, default gateway and/or WINS Server (the legacy Windows Internet Name Service). See the below example:
In the Printer Command field, type sequentially:
- Pews;192.168.15.2 (or Pews;0.0.0.0 if WINS is not used)
- Check your configuration by typing:
· Rip;1. The result should be: 192.168.15.19 Manual
· Rews The result should be: 192.168.15.2 (the result should be: 0.0.0.0 if WINS is not used)
· Renm The result should be: 255.255.255.0
· Regw The result should be: 192.168.15.1
Note that if WINS is not used type: Pews;0.0.0.0 instead.
Task 3: Verifying the printer network connectivity
Disconnect the USB cable and reconnect the printer with the Ethernet cable. Recycle power of the printer to allow it to reboot to network mode. Once the printer has been back up again then check the following:
- Open a command prompt and ping the IP address registered with the printer (make sure the printer is turned on and not in sleep mode). If the connection is fine, the printer should reply to the ping command such as the following:
Note that you may try to telnet the printer standard Windows printer port to see connection is okay by:
telnet 192.168.15.19 9100
- Open a web browser and type in the IP address of the printer on the URL, the Evolis Embedded Web Server should respond with the following page displayed on screen.
- Click on the Parameters > Network Tab to check if the registered network parameters are correct. It should be consistent with the outputs from the commands as shown in Task 2, see the below picture.
Alternatively, the network parameters can also be directly checked from the LCD panel on the left side of the Agilia printer like the following:
Task 4: Configure port settings by adding a new printer pot
Goto: Control Panel>Port Tab>Add New Port…>Standard TCP/IP Port
Follow the screen prompts to configure the new TCP/IP network port. See the below screenshots.
Once the TCP/IP port has been added, it is recommended to reboot the PC to allow the new port to take effect.
After the reboot of the PC, the Evolis Premium Suite 2 (EPS2) should be able to rediscover the printer.
At this point, it is recommended a test print of the technical test card should be carried out. If configured correctly, the technical test card should show the IP address like that as the following.
After that test print from any card production software such as EasyBadge.
Task 4: Troubleshooting (Optional if Task 3 has been successful)
Sometimes even though when the EPS2 can rediscover the printer, and a technical test card can be printed from the EPS2 without issue, the printer icon can still be seen as offline. In this case, no cards can be printed from any badge production software such as EasyBadge. This kind of situation does not happen to Primacy 2 drivers. It is perhaps because Agilia driver is still new and may need more bug fixes.
One solution is to remove ALL the printer icons and add the printer as a network printer manually.
- Goto: Control Panel>Printers & Scanners click add new devices. Then click Add manually.
- Click next, and choose Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Choose the TCP/IP port of Agilia which was added previously.
- Pick the Evolis Agila driver.
- Pick the current driver that has already been installed on the PC.
- Then then a new network printer icon will be added, click on the newly added icon, The printer should show an idle status.
- Goto: Printer properties>General>Print Test Page
- A test page can usually be printed. At this point, any badge production software should be able to pick up the printer and print cards. See below example screen from EasyBadge.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article