If you need to connect to an SQL, Oracle or MySQL database you first need to create a custom database and save as a SQL db.
We assume for this guide you have credentials with access to the server platform you need to connect to and any database
Drivers (ie ODBC or SQL drivers) are already installed and working.
This guide is to help with creating a custom database when the Wizard does not include fields that are required.
Sometimes on larger print projects it will be necessary to create a custom database with more specific fields.
The Print project may have specific requirements that need to be met or you need to link to a larger database for example.
You can do this with a combination of using the database Wizard and adding fields manually.
1. click the menu button top left of the EasyBadhe program window.
2. Click “New Database Wizard” To Start a new Database.
3. Click the Create button
4. Then Click ‘Other’ > ‘Next’ to start the template.
5. On the “What Information do I want to record” page add in field required by clicking the field names. You can type custom field names and click + to add them if required.
These fields can only be text of date fields. You can add specialist fields later if required.
6. On this part of the Wizard you choose which fields you want to be displayed on your card design and which fields you want to just stay in the database and not be displayed :
7. This part of the wizard is the final part and lets you set a few guidelines for your card design. Pick how you want your design to look but note that it can always be edited later if you already have an agreed design you need to replicate.
8. On the last page of the wizard you will be presented with the Save page. In the bottom right corner of the window you can click “More save options”. From here you can select the type of database you want EasyBadge to be.
Click the type of database you want to save as and click the OK button.
9. Depending on which database type you select you will be presented with a credentials page where you connect to the server of choice. Below shows a SQL Server example. Enter the details and click ok to connect.
You will then be presented with the main EasyBadge Program window with a few sample records.
10. Once you have saved your database you can begin to add any other fields you may need. From the main EasyBadge window click the menu button, going to modify database and then add field.
10. This will then bring up a new list with all the fields you can add into your database that may not have been shown in the Wizard for example an Image on Disk field.
Once you have picked the field you want click create and then type in an appropriate name for the field and how many characters you wish to be able to fit in your field .
This will then update your database and you should now have your field. Once you click OK the field will be added.
11. You can further modify a field with such features as “required to print” (card will not print unless complete), “Hidden” ( to hide a filed from view) and add pre-written “Values” (so you don’t have to re-type long job titles) by highlighting the field
And making changes to the table on the right.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article