Zebra Knowledgebase article
This article outlines the process to calibrate the ribbon errors on ZC100 and ZC300 Series Card Printers.
ISSUE / QUESTION
How to resolve ribbon error codes on ZC100 and ZC300 Series card printer? • Error Code: 5001- Out of ribbon • Error Code: 5007- Ribbon color detection failed on
ZC100 and ZC300 Series card printers
RESOLUTION / ANSWER
- On your PC, navigate to Devices and Printers or Printer and Scanners.
- Right-click on your card printer model (ZC100 or ZC300), then select Printer Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab located at the top-right panel.
- Expand the Sensors and Calibration tab and click Calibration.
- In the Calibration section, select Ribbon from the drop-down menu and click the Calibrate button.
- A pop-up window appears requiring the ribbon to be taken out from the printer. Please follow the instructions accordingly.
- When the calibration process is complete, reinsert the ribbon in the printer.